Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gotta Love the World Wide Marketplace

eBay is an amazing thing. There, you can bargain shop, haggle, and Buy it Now. From electronics to kids clothes, you can find pretty much what ever your heart desires. Be it a "custom" fixie from a hipster in Portland or a Super Muscular! BRAND NEW Fixed Gear Bike muscular bicycle track bike fixie from God knows where (or Chicago as the listing suggests), it can be found on eBay.


Not sure what bothers me more, the ridiculous title, or the fact that I have to crane my neck to see the pics. Oh, that and the fact that it is not a fixie at all...

Gears: More than one. Scratches: More than "NEW"

If you keep looking, you might find a real fixie. Granted, you could save yourself the trouble of completing a PayPal transaction, and leaving feed back and such, by going to your local Walmart. But hell, "I ain't payin' retail!" - says the local cheapskate.

Real in this case meaning, by definition, it does have a fixed gear.

It occurs to me that I have yet to bash this, the second worst production bicycle available today, and it is still on my bucket list, but I will let the painted wheels and chain guard speak for themselves. 

So what exactly constitutes a fixie of the "Muscular" variety?

(DON'T NOT COUNTING ON IT.)

Any way, that's all for today, as I need to snap up this set of

ZIPP fixed gear bike wheels carbon road bicycle clincher wheels wheelset 700c for racing 60mm with NOVATEC hub. 
Before someone else does.

If you come across any more like this on eBay, Craigslist... Please send them my way.
I need a good laugh.



2 comments: